Friday, September 7, 2012

Dear Career...

Let me tell you what I feel right now.

I never expected that I will feel this because I know in the first place, I am a bit secured about everything. Today, September 7 is my self-proclaimed day. Why? Because I have seen a lot of career opportunities on my way and all I have to do is take risks and grab them.

My uncle sent me an advertisement from his company with all its job offerings. He is working in telephone company for ages and I believe he has the power to help me land a decent job and of course, salary. I checked it and there you go, lots of job offerings in that group of companies (You might have the slightest idea what company I am referring to) and the nearest possible job for me is customer service representative. It happened to be my dream job while I was studying because it is on its highest peak that time and you'll earn a lot. But as time passes by, you know, dreams and plans change.

Another is, my dear friend way back in college (of course, until now) sent me an invitation to her company. An interview and examination invitation as a proofreader/editor. It is in line with my course. Yeah, English majors are really prone and exposed to proofreading ang editing stuff. It has been our life for 4 years. I like the job, because I can use what I learned from college. (Not the salary muna, I don't have any idea pa. Since this friend of mine and I don't talk about our salaries, really. Right teh?)

This entry is not meant to boast anything or who I am. I am actually nothing compared to other people and I am just a typical fresh graduate who went out of the university and graduated without any concrete plans of what I am going to do with my life.

My problem now is that, I already have a job. I've been here for 5 months and now on probation. So far, I am enjoying my job, because this is my second pick on jobs. Being an online English teacher. (My first one's too good to be just my dream.) My concept of job is not on the salary, REALLY. Maybe that's one point but I am not after with the salary. I believe that as long as you're happy with what you are doing, you'll succeed. But you must accept that it is not instant success. You have strive harder each day for you to attain what you really want and then money comes afterwards.

As of this moment, my mind's really messed up if I am going to do full time on that group of companies of I'd go part time on my friend's company. And when I made up my decision, I don't want to disappoint anyone because of my decisions. Like, you see, I can't handle stray bullets which are meant for me.

Maybe sometimes, all you have to do is to decide and take risks. Because you can't have it all... Rolling in the deep... (Just kidding!) Seriously, you can't have it all. You should've opted to commit suicide if you want to have all those jobs. Hahaha! 

I think, I have two things to do before I decide. First, think and second, of course, pray. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment