Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Letter for my Dearest One

Dearest One,

It’s been so long my dear, I’m sorry. I don’t know if I’m still the writer who captures men’s hearts, just like the old times. The pen that I used to hold whenever I write letters suddenly bid its dying note. It took me a long, long time to pull inspiration from the universe, but I’m actually asking for another pen, I never thought that it would be better than a ballpoint I wished all my life.


Why is it that whenever I find the time to put words and describe how handsome you are in my eyes, I can’t find any? At first, I pity myself. Maybe, I’m not an effective writer, and words just don’t want to follow my train of thoughts. I flipped the lexicon’s pages; tried asking experts to give me the idea, but their answers never satisfied me. I asked the Almighty, “I know, I’ve been too bad all my life. All these years, I never followed the Ten Commandments fully. And I don’t know how to pray correctly. Please forgive me if I ate my sister’s banana cake when she’s asleep. That’s stealing – I’m sorry. I hope you’ve forgiven me. Oh! Kindly help looking for the best word to describe him, please? Thank you.” I’m a sinner, but the Almighty is really kind. And He didn’t give the answer I’m looking for right away. He made me think and I thank Him for as time goes by, and I get to know you more, I found the answer.


I can’t find the word to best describe how enlightening it is when your luminescent eyes look my way – you make me insane. Much more, how great it is to see the corners of your eyes wrinkle whenever you laugh – you hypnotize me. And whenever you talk of how magnificent each simple thing is – you make me love the whole world more. I love these things about you, for it describes you. I love it when you fix your hair that wildly blown by the wind, and you curse yourself for not bringing the hair gel with you - you’re still handsome my love. I love it more when you mispronounce some complex words - you’re still the best speaker for me. I love how you try to stop your tears from flowing whenever you watch the late night show – you look good at it. And every time you feel ecstatic when you perfectly got a new step, whether a cultural or modern dance - you’re the cutest being in this world. It’s hard to describe how funny it is to listen to your old jokes and funny stories – they’re always funny despite the cobwebs growing in it.


I love seeing how my happy-go-lucky self transformed into a responsible one because of your pieces of advice. You opened my eyes to a sweet reality that life has something to unfold for us. That in ever bitter failure is a saccharine surprise at the end. You taught me to love the spiders, the caterpillars and even the ants. Your happy aura pulled me to join you and live every single moment this life happily. Whoever I am now, the reason is you. You changed me into someone I never thought existed. I never even knew that I’ve got a funny side too.


My love, this letter is not enough to express how lucky I am to have you. These words aren’t enough to tell you how abandoned I’ll be if one day you decided to leave me alone. I thank God for giving you to me, that instead of giving me another ballpoint pen – he gave me an inspiration to hold the pen again. He gave me the reason to believe that this world loves me too. My love, with you by my side, everything’s possible. Even reaching absolute zero would be very promising in my eyes. Maybe you’re wondering why I entitled “An Empty Love Letter” into this work of mine. That’s how I’d be without you in my life – an empty letter: meaningless, wordless, and worthless. Thank you love, I know I’ll have more and more days to live with you. I love you my dear. Always have that with you. Oh! I’d like to thank you for staying up too late last night just to ask me if I got home safe -- I felt that I am in the safest zone in the world because you want me to be on it. Though we are 31.5 kilometers away from each other, I can still see you dream with me and my dreams are nothing but the sweetest. Good morning my love! I’ll see you after we fix our respective lives so that we can build our own and we need to go to the grocery and buy some stuff for the rainy season. I don't want to go out, for I feel the joy and excitement when I lay my head to your arms and have a nice and deep sleep. Not thinking about what will happen tomorrow, because what matters to us is, NOW.



FROM:
The woman who’ll always be
head-over-heels in love
with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment